I specialize in web development, business management, and offer valuable services to businesses of all types, ultimately improving their bottom line by crafting creative solutions to their business problems. Shoot me a quick email to see how I can help you.
- Syntax.fm from Wes Bos | Language: React.js • Added the ability to restore a user's volume setting and playback rate via localStorage.
- NPM Install - Sublime Text 3 plugin | Language: Python • Made plugin compatible with JSX files.
• Drastically reduced the amount of repeated code for generating the volume bars by creating a dynamic volume bars component.
- Cobalt2 - Slack Color Scheme from Wes Bos - Reason: I really like the Cobalt2 color scheme Wes Bos uses. I saw he had a project on how to use his theme on Slack, but I noticed all the colors where incorrect, so I set out to fix it.
- Facebook / Jest (grammar context correction) - Reason: When I was reading through some of the Jest documentation, I clicked on a profile link that took me to an incorrect Twitter page of one of the current developers. I set out to fix this, but soon noticed it was going to take a little longer then usual to track down the correct information, because the developer had changed his legal name! So after some detective work, I figured out his correct information and updated the documentation.
- React in Patterns book - Reason: Grammar fix.
- Joined the Big Brothers Big Sisters nonprofit organization, where I mentored and created a positive influence for a child that I was matched with (2015 to 2016)
- Volunteered at Miami Children’s Hospital, where I transported patients, confirmed appointments and observed various pediatric dental procedures (June 2012 - March 2014)
- Attended a medical mission to Mindo, Ecuador, where I transported patients, observed & helped a dermatologist, and assisted in the construction and breakdown of a temporary medical clinic (June 2011)
- Featured interview on Switchup.org, Alumni Spotlight (January 2018)